RIDBC Assessment Service provides specialised assessment and follow-up advice for children and young people who have vision and/or hearing impairment, including those with additional disabilities. For complex clients, team assessments ensure a wholistic view of needs and reduce time spent seeking individual assessments.
- Individual and team assessments with a psychologist, speech pathologist, occupational therapist, orthoptist, physiotherapist, access technology consultant.
- Formal and functional assessments.
- Detailed feedback on the day of assessment with opportunity to ask questions.
- Pre and post assessment discussion.
- Comprehensive report with individualised recommendations.
- Consultation with a paediatrician can also be included with the assessment.
Who can access the service?
RIDBC Assessment Service is available to children and young people who have vision and/or hearing impairment, including those with additional disabilities. A medical referral is not necessary, unless you wish to make a Medicare claim.
Where can I access the service?
North Rocks, Nepean, Waverly, Hunter, Gosford, Liverpool, The Australian Hearing Hub at Macquarie University.
There is onsite accommodation at North Rocks for families wishing to travel from regional NSW or interstate to access the service.
Funding options and National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
RIDBC is a registered provider with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) which is a new way of providing support to people with disabilities, their families and carers. Find out more about the support that is available.
RIDBC also offers a range of additional funding and payment options which we can explore with you.
How do you make an appointment?
Please call 1300 581 391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The assessment service integrates with all other RIDBC services and will facilitate referrals as required.