You’re not alone
If you have a child with hearing loss or vision impairment, you shouldn’t have to leave your family, your community and your life behind to help your child reach their potential. The RIDBC remote services team can work with you to access the services and supports your child needs in your home via high-quality video conferencing.
The RIDBC early intervention team will work with you to create a personalised plan for your child and then provide remote access to a range of services and supports, including:
- Intensive individual therapy and education sessions
- Listening and speaking skills
- Language development in spoken language and/or Auslan
- Braille tuition and vision loss support
- Transition to school and school support
- Family support and allied health services
Support when and where you need it
We provide high quality video conferencing equipment so that you can connect with our expert team from your home. If you don’t have the required infrastructure, such as a high-speed internet connection, we can also work with you to find a local facility to host your sessions.
On occasion, you may want in-person support. We can organise visits to our North Rocks campus in Sydney, providing on-site accommodation and access to:
- In-person individual or group sessions
- Early learning groups
- Assessments and planning services
- Preschool or school visits
- Parent networking opportunities
- RIDBC camps
Bringing children and families together at RIDBC camps
Throughout the year, RIDBC offers residential camp programs for families taking part in RIDBC remote services programs. These camps blend educational experiences with a range of fun and social activities to help children develop confidence and build relationships. The camp also offers the opportunity for parents and caregivers to come together, share experiences and meet their RIDBC support team in person.
We are a registered NDIS provider and can provide services covered under your NDIS plan at no cost to you. For international families, we’ll discuss the funding with you.
RIDBC remote services are available to any child in Australia who:
- Does not have or cannot access a local RIDBC centre
- Has significant hearing loss and/or vision impairment
- Is between the ages of 0-18
- Has not started or has not finished their schooling
The service is also available to families living outside Australia.