RIDBC Roberta Reid Preschool provides a bilingual (Auslan and English) preschool program for deaf children who are being educated with their hearing peers. The preschool is staffed by an experienced team of Teachers of the Deaf, Child Care Workers, a Speech and Language Pathologist and an Audiologist who work in a trans-disciplinary model. The preschool curriculum is based on The Australian Early Years Learning Framework.
Features of the preschool:
- Immersion in Auslan
- Daily individual learning goals for all students
- One-on-one individualised sessions in collaboration with parents/caregivers of deaf children
- Small, structured group sessions
- Speech Pathology for deaf children
- On-site audiology support
- Parent education programs
Who can apply for enrolment?
Children with a significant hearing loss from 2 to 5 years and hearing children aged 3 to 5 years who have Auslan skills.
Where is RIDBC Roberta Reid Preschool?
361-365 North Rocks Road
North Rocks NSW 2151
For further information and application form contact:
Telephone: 02 9872 0306
Fax: 02 72 0349