RIDBC Garfield Barwick School is a vibrant school that caters for children from Kindy to Year 6 who have a significant hearing loss.
Our dedicated and highly skilled teachers provide an intensive specialised program which aims to accelerate each child’s spoken language development and prepare them for full inclusion into their local mainstream school.
Our learning programs aim to develop high level thinking skills and teach the processes of how to learn, in order for children to become independent learners. The school follows the NSW Board of studies curriculum.
Features of RIDBC Garfield Barwick School:
- Small class sizes with high/adult student ratio
- Individualised spoken language programs for each child
- Differentiated learning programs that meet the diverse learning needs of all children whilst focusing on language and literacy
- Highly professional and committed teachers and specialist staff (including an audiologist, psychologist and speech pathologist)
- Ongoing comprehensive assessment of each child
- Excellent facilities
Who can apply for enrolment?
The school offers classes from kindergarten to Year 6, for students who are significant hearing loss and are developing spoken language.
Where is the school located?
RIDBC Garfield Barwick School
361 – 365 North Rocks Road
North Rocks NSW 2151
For further information and an application form contact the school. Telephone: (02) 9872 0950
RIDBC Garfield Barwick School is participating in the NSW Literacy and Numeracy Action Plan
This funding is focused on strengthening whole school approaches to literacy and numeracy that lead to improved student outcomes. Download the action plan here.