About the Donor Charter
The RIDBC Donor Charter has been produced to assure our current and prospective donors of the integrity and accountability of RIDBC, our staff and volunteers at all times.
We will use donations wisely
- We will acknowledge all gifts and donations and receipt donations promptly.
- We will ensure that all gifts and donations are administered consistently and are used in accordance with the donor’s intentions.
- Undesignated gifts and donations will be used to support RIDBC’s highest priorities.
- We will provide anonymity for gifts when requested.
- We will respect your privacy.
- RIDBC collects personal information to assist in the processing of donations, issue tax receipts (where applicable) and send communication updates.
We will not share donor information with other charities nor sell it to third parties.
- Donors have the right to choose to interact with us anonymously.
- We will honour any request to be removed from our contact list or limit the number and types of contact.
- Donor names may be included in our Annual Report unless requested otherwise.
We will act with integrity
- We will keep you informed of our mission and vision and our strategic intent.
- We will provide access to our most recently published financial reports.
- We will ensure we are compliant with all regulatory and statutory authorities, including the following:
- We will, at all times, be transparent and informative in our dealings with our donors and supporters.
- We will identify ourselves as employees, volunteers or third party employees in our dealings with you.
- With the exception of selected calls to sell lottery tickets, we do not contract fundraising activities on behalf of RIDBC to third party marketing agencies.
We welcome feedback
- We will provide prompt, honest answers to your questions about RIDBC.
- We welcome the opportunity to discuss any concerns that you may have.