The RIDBC Charter of Client Rights
Our charter of client rights is based on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2006) and applies across our organisation.
At RIDBC our clients have the right to:
- Be treated with respect and courtesy
- Stay informed and be consulted
- Have a say in decisions made about their care and make informed choices
- Receive quality services
- Receive information in alternate formats on the same basis as their peers
- Expect privacy and confidentiality and access to all personal information held
- Have another person of their choice support them and advocate (speak up for them) on their behalf
- Have comments and feedback valued
- Make a confidential complaint if they are not happy with the services they receive
- Be supported through their journey with RIDBC.